Part 1 Fill in MB PP page: Once you have completed your 'bit' (Topic, Goals, Global Context) on ManageBac above, you will find out your supervisor. This will be listed at the bottom of you MB PP page.
Part 2: Make an appointment and meet (before Monday 7th November). You will need to make an appointment with the supervisor with the following suggested agenda in an email:
i) overview of your project (what the goal is, why is it challenging)
ii) go through the brainstorm below
Confirm the meeting date and time via email.
Making an appointment:
Be polite (here is an example):
Dear Mr Esmail
Would it possible to meet with you to discuss the following aspects of my Personal Project:
1. An overview of my project
2. My initial brainstorm (which I have also attached if you would like to look at prior to the meeting)
I am available at lunch (1.00pm) each day, or during SDLT on Friday's period 1.
I look forward to hearing from you and working with you on my Personal Project.
Part 3: The brainstorming exercise will help you do the following:
1. Look at the scope of your project on a page
2. Look at what you know and what you need to know (investigate)
3. Good evidence of planning your investigation, and help plan what you need and when you need to get it done.
4. Plan out possible sources that you need in good time.
5. Focus point for your meeting with your supervisor
6. Could well be your first or second process journal entry
I used www.coggle.it to create the (it is free)
Record the meeting as your first or second Process Journal entry, with some outcomes (what you have to do before your next meeting).